From: "Cynthia Guerra"
Sent: 10/27/2006 05:56 PM
To: bandreports@patuxent.usgs.gov
Subject: Aluminum Bird Band Recovered

Greetings:

A member of our Audubon chapter gave me an aluminum bird band recovered off a dead bird (probably a heron or egret) found on a Biscayne Bay shoreline on Virginia Key, which is between the City of Miami and Key Biscayne in South Florida. I tried to use your on-line form, but since the band is alpha-numeric, it instructed me to send an e-mail instead. I have not seen
the bird, I understand it was found intact except it was missing the head - the band was cut off and given to me. The description made it sound like a heron or egret. I am expecting a digital picture from the person that gave me the band yesterday when the bird was recovered, but I haven't yet
received the photo.

The band number is GA H649706.

Can you please provide info about the bird?

Thanks,
Cynthia