Re: Python Vs. Alligator!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TROPICALAUDUBON.ORG WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Weber on March 30, 2004 at 08:29:19:

Vince:

As I recall, that epic battle raged for nearly 24 hours last year at Taylor Slough (Anhinga Trail) in Everglades National Park. The alligator attacked the reticulated python and had the advantage most of the time. Finally, when approached by another gator that wanted a piece of the action, it opened its mouth to fend off the interloper and the python slipped away, mortally wounded. That's how I heard it, anyway.

JW

: This message was forwarded to me. Check out the pix! Does anyone know if these were these taken in Everglades N.P. and when? Go to:

: http://home.swfla.rr.com/vlucas/Gator&Python.jpg

: and

: http://home.swfla.rr.com/vlucas/Gator&Python2.jpg

: Cheers.