From: Brian Monk
To: BRDBRAIN@LISTSERV.ADMIN.USF.EDU
Sent: Sat, February 27, 2010 4:25:00 PM
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] albino/leucistic turkey vulture

While I was driving on 95 in Broward County this early afternoon, I saw an incredibly large white bird winging over the highway. Upon closer inspection, instead of the expected Great Egret, and dismissing Egyptian and King Vulture (lol) I realized it was a Turkey Vulture. Behavior was classic, with the typical "V" posture and swaying in the wind. I could not see if the head was light pink or red, or even white, necause the bird was flying away before I realized what it was. I would expect this bird in Broward County, and would look at the landfills if I wanted to see it. Winds are strongly out of the west, so look in eastern Broward.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TAS BirdBoard ] [ FAQ ]